In game build tool. Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In game build tool. Need Help

Basically I am trying to create world mechanic which allows the player to build buildings, barricades , factory's , etc.
    At the moment I am only using Kismet and have come in to so trouble and cant find a tutorial or help anywhere.

I want buildings that are placed to snap to face 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees so I have set this up in kismet as a first test.

What should happen is when the player shoots a base block that block should snap to the nearest angle to the players.
    I've used compare nodes to check whether for example players angle is more than 45 but less than 125 make base block turn to 90 degrees.
    But at the moment It just stays facing forwards 0 degrees.

Any help would be very much appreciated and if anyone know of a better way to achieve this I'm all ears and eyes.
    Thanks

You should be using Z not Y, Y is the forwards and backwards axis.

Comment

I've tried this but it still doesn't work. I think there's something wrong with the "Get Vector Components" or the variable float because though I have tried setting the z float value myself the object always snaps to zero.

Comment

I've solved my problem by using Player location in correlation to the object instead of Rotation

Comment

Working...
        X