• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i'll give that a try, many thanks my friend

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To get rid of the black polygons try adjusting the vertex of the black location up or down a tiny amount along the poly edge where the texture changes.
    If that doesn't fix it, then it is most likely a material complexity rendering issue at that component edge, ie. you are painting onto a component that has a stack of materials that is exceeding the number of available GPU texture samplers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    or use terresculptor pro combined with landscape editor with this programm you can create incredible landscapes

Tutorial link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN_glCEqbVs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well to be fair if this doesn't get fixed i'm going to try to do it in 3Dsmax instead, however, I'm sure theres an easy fix for this/ something silly i did.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It sounds silly but try to use the landscape editor instead of the terrain editor. At the beginning i also used the terrain editor but then i changed to the landscape editor-> much easier

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah i tried that aswell :/ I just noticed that when editing in lit mode you can clearly see the "box" where it all goes wrong ( there are more boxes across the map), also, putting static meshes in this 'box' gives no issues whatsoever

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmm in this view it looks like a shadow. have you already rebuilded the light?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just tried that, didn't work still black

Leave a comment:

• replied
    make a rightclick onto the black area and choose "play from here". When i do that my black areas disappears.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Issue with terrain textures

Issue with terrain textures

Hello guys, this would be my first post and i hope it's in the right subforum.

So, as my bachelor paper I'm trying to make an UDK game (i'm studying applied computer sciences in Belgium), I am trying to teach myself most of it trough google/youtube and whatever other documentation i can find.

So, when trying to paint my landscape (atm, i'm using standard materials that come with UDK) some of my textures turn black in certain areas (as shown in the added picture in the red box i made using all of my crazy paint skills). Google wasn't much help as to finding the solution and it's kind of driving me nuts right now so I would give this forum a shot and hope one of you guys know the cause of my problems.

Things i have tried ( as suggested by google search):

-Make sure all materials/ static meshes i use are LOADED
    -Use the 'refresh shader'-thingy (red RM) that comes in the terrain editor.
    -Reinstall UDK and / or try an older version.
    -Disable SLI(that was my own idea, it sometimes gives issues in games, thougth id try it)

To the right you can see what it should be, to the left you can see my problem ( black color)

The material i use does not seem to have any impact, all the newly added materials do it (the old materials work fine tho!)

So, yeah, if anyone has any idea, please do tell. Thanks!
Working...
X