Move tool Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move tool Query

Hey Guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew how to change the Move tool settings for the builder brush to allow you to move things in a different axis as my current setting means I can only move my objects diaganally instead of left to right.. Please see image below
    Many thanks
    Richard

There is a drop down menu right under Help...change it from World to Local.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
      That is what I originally thought, I remember doing it a little while ago however when I change that property now it doesn't seem to do anything, any ideas as to why?
      Cheers

Comment

Hmm, no idea then mate. :/ Try selecting something else after switching it to Local, if you havent already...maybe it's not refreshing properly.

Comment

No worries buddy, I really appreciate the effort though - I realise this however is working for static meshes I've placed down, it seems that this is just a builder brush problem. Any further ideas anybody??
          Many thanks

Comment

If using Local axis does not change then you did not rotate the brush into place probably, but rather got it like that by editing on the vertex level or other sub levels. If that's the case then you won't get a Local pivot that aligns because you did not modify the pivot originally.

If that angle you're using is at a snap angle, then reset the builder brush and replace it to that angle by purely manipulating the brush directly, no sub object editing to create the angle, and then you'll have a Local pivot that aligns to the brush.

As far as getting the verts to properly snap by doing this, you'll have to see how that works out. Snapping the verts on the grid, you may need to do that manually anyway after the fact. It's harder to keep angled brushes on grid by snapping the pivot, you'll see the limitations there when you mess around with it.

Comment

Working...
            X