Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

problem with beam rotation in unreal cascade, help needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    problem with beam rotation in unreal cascade, help needed

    i'm trying to do a beam vfx, i'm trying to use the alternate fire from the linkgun as a sample to create my own, but i'm facing a little problem, when i adding the "beam" module the particle begins to rotate, around the 0,0 point, i tried almost all the properties in the beam module but the particle rotation didn't stop, here is a video that shows the particle rotating, i only need an advice on how to make it be still or just how to remove the rotation.



    thanks in advance for all the help.

    #2
    You see on the menu bar there is a purple arrow drawn in a circle, that's for movement preview, that's what makes it move in a circle like that. Disable that to stop it.

    Comment


      #3
      if i press the purple arrow it stop the "rotation" in the particle viewer but when i test the particle in my game, it is rotating like in the preview window.

      Comment


        #4
        Sorry, I have no answer for that. Makes no sense to me unless you're animating it somewhere.

        Comment


          #5
          like you see in my video i have only the basics modules in my particle system plus the "beam" module, but i noticed a few moment a go that when i add the "beam" module the option "used local space" changed from used local space checked to unchecked.

          when used local space is unchecked the particle is rotating, any ideas on why the "beam" overrides that propertie of the emitter ? and how can i do to check it again or remove the rotation using unrealscript ?

          thanks in advance for all the help.

          Comment


            #6
            Hello I am a player gears of war 3, I played this morning, now I started to play and it would seem that it has been banned, but unjustly. Can you help me please?

            why should I be banned unfairly?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by daimaku View Post
              like you see in my video i have only the basics modules in my particle system plus the "beam" module, but i noticed a few moment a go that when i add the "beam" module the option "used local space" changed from used local space checked to unchecked.

              when used local space is unchecked the particle is rotating, any ideas on why the "beam" overrides that propertie of the emitter ? and how can i do to check it again or remove the rotation using unrealscript ?

              thanks in advance for all the help.
              It looks like you have the Beam module above everything else, have you tried moving it to the bottom of the stack? this might just be a weird error based on how Unreal is handling the math you've given it.


              Originally posted by laburino99 View Post
              Hello I am a player gears of war 3, I played this morning, now I started to play and it would seem that it has been banned, but unjustly. Can you help me please?

              why should I be banned unfairly?
              You could not be in a more wrong section of the Epic forums...

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Hellclown View Post
                It looks like you have the Beam module above everything else, have you tried moving it to the bottom of the stack? this might just be a weird error based on how Unreal is handling the math you've given it.
                hello Hellclown, tried to move the "beam" module to the bottom, but it stills return to the top of the list, any idea ?

                Comment


                  #9
                  try looking at the shockrifle settings, it's also a beam it just emits in bursts instead of continuous (that should be easy enough to find and change) and look for how it differs from the linkgun beam.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    thanks for all the help, the particle when you choose the "beam" module always is rotating, is the same with the shockrifle and the link gun alternate fire, i figure out the situation changing from spawning a UTProjectile to a Particle System Component, now using the Particle System Component i can set the "End of the Beam" using unreal script.

                    you can set the end of the beam using Beam -> Target, on the target module in distance properties you can put a name for the properties that will be modified using unrealscript just like that

                    Code:
                                    PoisonTemplate=ParticleSystem'MZ_WeaponVFX.Particles.Poison';
                                    MZBeamEmitter=WorldInfo.MyEmitterPool.SpawnEmitter(PoisonTemplate, MazesHeroBase(Pawn).FireLoc);
                                    MZBeamEmitter.SetVectorParameter('LinkBeamEnd', EndTrace);
                                    MZBeamEmitter.SetDepthPriorityGroup(SDPG_World);

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X