Clear All

• replied
    Set your max trigger count to 0 that way you can use it over and over again

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just use imageshack to upload pictures and use the [shot.] tags

Leave a comment:

• replied
    quite stupid question but how did you upload your image in UDK Forum ?!
    I clicked on "insert image" and wrote the URL (C:\etc...) and I don't see my image but only the URL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There's no kismet command that activates it to close. Set your trigger event to unlimited uses (0 in the properties) and have it go to a switch node. Have one output of the switch turn on the movie and make the other output of the switch go to the close movie node.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've tried using a 10 second clip, and an image, neither work with this layout. If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fantastic! It came up! Only problem is, it doesn't seem to turn off...

Is this right? 'E' turns it on when facing the trigger (which is plugged into the Open GFx), but I can't seem to get it back off.
    I haven't done anything to the Object Value, do I need to?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll give this a shot, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The way I see is to use the node Open GFx Movie (Kismet> new action > GFxUI) and import a .swf file (from Flash for example) with your picture (by clicking the green arrow in the properties). Plug the player Owner to the player variable.

To close it, you can use Close Gfx Movie. You need an object variable (new variable > object > object), plug it to the "Movie Player" of Open GFx Movie and the "Movie Player" Close Gfx Movie.

For more, I think you need to study Scaleform.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Making an image appear via Kismet?

Making an image appear via Kismet?

I've created an image which I'd like to appear upon pressing a trigger (something that'd take up some of the screen, not an image in the actual world itself), then the player would click again to turn it off. Like an announcement I suppose, but.. an image (as if it were a map, or in my case, a puzzle hint for the player). Sadly, I've no clue how to do this in kismet. I've seen 'draw image', but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what I'd like to use it for.
    Can anybody help? Thanks!
    EDIT: If nobody can help me with this, could anyone perhaps tell me how I make make player announcements appear without a viable HUD? By this, I mean when I'm using 'none' for my Game Type, I'd like the text announcements to appear on the screen anyway. Thanks!
Working...
X