Custom Game Type, Spawning Bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Game Type, Spawning Bots

I'm currently making a game and I'm using custom classes in UnrealScript to create an isometric game for my game, that all works perfectly. The problem is I can't spawn bots using Kismet.
    Here is the Kismet:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/kismetp.png

It should simpley spawn a UTPawn at the pathnode when the trigger is used but I get a failed to spawn at pathnode warning.
    It must be my custom game type that's the problem because the Kismet works perfectly on UTDeathmatch etc.

Thanks.

Originally posted by JonnySidaway View Post
    I'm currently making a game and I'm using custom classes in UnrealScript to create an isometric game for my game, that all works perfectly. The problem is I can't spawn bots using Kismet.
    Here is the Kismet:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/kismetp.png

It should simpley spawn a UTPawn at the pathnode when the trigger is used but I get a failed to spawn at pathnode warning.
    It must be my custom game type that's the problem because the Kismet works perfectly on UTDeathmatch etc.

Thanks.
    You need to add a blank variable on spawned

Comment

I placed a blank variable on spawned but still no luck. The kismet I posted works perfectly if I set the world properties to UTDeathmatch but while it's in my custom game type "MyIsometricGame" it fails to spawn bots.

Comment

I placed a blank variable on spawned but still no luck. The kismet I posted works perfectly if I set the world properties to UTDeathmatch but while it's in my custom game type "MyIsometricGame" it fails to spawn bots.

What is your game type extended from ?
        If its not UTGame or a game type that has bot functionality, that's why!

Comment

It extends GameInfo, is that right?
          I have to apologise, this code is from someone else. We're making a game in a group for university but his guy has now left so I'm stuck trying to get his code to work.

Comment

It extends GameInfo, is that right?
            I have to apologise, this code is from someone else. We're making a game in a group for university but his guy has now left so I'm stuck trying to get his code to work.
            Aha, that's why then, there is no bot implemented in Game info!

Comment

You can download a third person game set up from my website that extends UTGame if that's any help !
              Third Person Game Link

Comment

Cheers Lex, I'm having a look now can I easily change the third person camera to an isometric camera by changing a few lines? That's what I need for my game. Well, would you like to look at my code and the classes I have? Thanks again, you've been a great help so far

Comment

Cheers Lex, I'm having a look now can I easily change the third person camera to an isometric camera by changing a few lines? That's what I need for my game. Well, would you like to look at my code and the classes I have? Thanks again, you've been a great help so far
                  Unfortunately I have little knowledge of coding and 99 % of my codes were written by the great guys of the forums..I'm pretty sure that if you post a detailed description of what you have, ie the third person game, and what you'd like to achieve on the programming section of the forums, some kind folk will offer solutions...That's how I got my codes in the first place!

Make sure you explain clearly though, because if not, you won't get much response

Comment

Working...
                  X