Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Paradath View Post
    I'm looking to do a similar effect, but as a complete newbie to the program, most of that article is jibberish to me.
    I created some of the material it's looking to create, but there's a lot more instructions to the material I cannot seem to understand..
    UDK includes a few lightcone/lightbeam examples (unless you chose not to install the UTGame content during the UDK install), you can find them under 'UDKGame' in the Content Browser.
    The material that it's using is called 'M_UDN_EM_Lightbeams_Materials_Lightbeam01' - you can copy it to your own package and experiment with it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Paradath View Post
    I'm looking to do a similar effect, but as a complete newbie to the program, most of that article is jibberish to me.
    I created some of the material it's looking to create, but there's a lot more instructions to the material I cannot seem to understand..
    You don't really need the whole material to create a good looking effect, a lot of the stuff towards the end just puts it over the top. Though it would be good to learn, you could just copy the node setup exactly as shown in the tutorial without knowing what is going on to create the same effect.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very useful, thanks James.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Volum...mTutorial.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You could probably do it just with a semi-transparent mesh if its static although I'm just a beginner so I couldn't say for usre.

I would like to know the same thing so I can add one to a flashlight, it would have to be able to move with the flashlight, I suppose attaching a mesh to a socket would work.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic lighting projection

lighting projection

you know the projector beam at a theater how you can see the actual beam of light how can i get that in udk i tried light shafts and nothing any ideas?
Working...
X