Mesh Material Destortion Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesh Material Destortion Problem

I just exported my mesh from 3ds max 2013, and the textures I had made the right size in 3ds max but when I applied them in UDK they were distorted. Here is a video showing the mesh with the material applied. The blue box that I placed on the screen shows where the brick should be. Can someone help me out.

It seems like you just need to use a Texture Coordinate node to tile the texture a bit more. Don't always trust the exported material from 3Ds Max.

Comment

Alright I will do that. I thought about adding one. Didn't know if that would fix my problem.

Comment

yes it fixed the problem ty but the top,and the sides are not the same. The material is bunched up. How would I fix that Jacky?

Comment

Can you show us a screenshot?

Comment

Comment

Hmm, i dont think there is anything you can do about it in UDK unless those faces have seperate material ID's. If they dont, then there is something you can do back in 3ds Max. You can set your tile values for whichever face you like with UV Map modifier as you already know, and that information gets transferred to the UDK unlike material tile setup. Dont forget to convert it to editable poly before you export once you are finished though.

Edit: You wont need a texture coordinate node in your material when you do this.

Comment

OK I did that before and it turned out like this. I was wondering if just texture mapping it would help.

Comment

Thanks anyways. What I'm going to do is because its a school I will make support beams and place them there. That will work.

Comment

Working...
                  X