Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can some one explain how i can get better landscape results while using a spotlight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can some one explain how i can get better landscape results while using a spotlight.

Here's the deal, I have a flashlight on the player and the light cuts out at really weird places on the landscape along straight lines and boxes. Like that piece of the landscape is being redered seperately. I'm having real difficulty understanding the explanation of quads, sections and components on UDN. What settings do I need to have to have the entire section of landscape be rendered at once or what else could be causing this?

EDIT: I scaled down a massive piece of landscape, about 64000 tri's i think and it gives me good shadows. How big of a performance hit is landscape? I'll need to use many of these at different places in the level, but in isolated areas.

EDIT 2: Scratch that, it still gets super messed up once I start editing it.

At least from my experience with the system: If you want a landscape without lighting errors then use static meshes. lol The internal landscape system is quite prone to dynamic lighting errors and you can't even do anything about it as the relevant settings are not available. heh

Comment

I gave up and switched to modulated lighting. I also had an error where if you looked down or at a certain angle, the entire landscape dissapeared and turned black, I deleted it and started over.

Comment

Working...
      X