Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matinee problem

Hi guys,

I have a problem with matinee animation, I set some path that my skeletal mesh should follow, set the movement in matinee to "Relative To Initial", set to loop the animation and after that when I launch the level in editor the skeletal meshes move only to the end of thepath and spawn again on the start of the path and loop, I wanted to do the same animation for moving forward. I know
    I did or overlook something, but I cant figure out what or where.

I appreciate every help, thx in advance.

If I understand this properly it sounds like you have a matinee where a skeletal mesh moves forward then loops. If the matinee loops with just forward movement the skeletal mesh will look like it is jumping back to the starting position when the matinee starts again.

What you would need to do to fix this is to enter keyframes in for the movement and animation of it going back to the starting spot and then loop that matinee and the skeletal mesh will move back and forth normally.

So you currently have your skeletal mesh moving from point A to point B. You need to set it up to move from point A to point B to point A again. This will make the mesh be at the same spot at the end of the matinee as it is at the beginning. Then when you loop the matinee it will move forward and back again. If you need to reverse the animation so it looks correct just right click on the keyframe for the animation and select reverse. Let me know if this helps.

Comment

My bad,

I didn't write what I want to achieve properly. I need the skeletal mesh to move to the end of the path and the position where it ends will be starting point for the begining of the new (same) path. So if I draw a path it will be like 10 times longer but I want the skeletal mesh to move always forward using the defined path which will always spawn in front of the end location of the previous path. Well I hope you will understand that its little tricky to describe this problem with my lousy english Thx

Comment

Ok I understand. Not quite sure how you would accomplish something like that.

So the effect you are trying to achieve is a mesh moving endlessly in one direction?

Comment

yep, exactly, using some matinee animation path.

Comment

When I set on movement path in matinee "Relative to Initial" (it is in menu when you right click on "Movement" in Matinee). It should be OK but its not. I spent whole afternoon figuring it out, but nothing... The Skel. meshes still jumping back to the starting location and not moving forward... PLS HELP ASAP Im starting to loose my mind

Comment

Well, problem solved, I just didnt set on matinee "no reset on rewind" checkbox and... woala, forever movin loopin object is alive

Comment

Working...
              X