Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing into invisible wall

Hi,

I'm pretty new to UDK and I've been working on a level for my game. I'm stuck now because the player runs into an invisible wall where I think the level ends or something. I didn't start out with a blank map if that helps, I used nighttime lighting... And I can't find any directions anywhere about editing or expanding the map size. I also checked the world properties... can't find it. There's just an invisible wall that runs along the Y-axis that I cannot pass... Can someone help me out?

How big is your level? It would have to be pretty massive to run into a level limit, not that Im 100% sure there is even one.

Comment

Make sure you haven't put a blocking volume up or something. This would be present as an invisible wall. Take a screenshot of where you run into the wall at in the editor.

Comment

Man, first of all thanks for the replies. Your not going to believe this, but one of my static meshes had the randomest collision detection. It basically created a giant cube of collision WAY off to the side for no reason, so there was no way I was going to figure out it was the source of the problem... I switched the view so that I could see collisions, and saw the giant collision cube. When I deleted it, my tower was deleted as well, so I was able to associate the 2... That was ridiculous.... Anyway, thanks again for the help.

Comment

Ha, that's not ridiculous at all. Just a primitive collision box. Its basically the bounds of the static mesh.

Comment

Hi, i have similar problem....i am learning with UDK and built map just with using BRUSHES, made lightning but when playing in editor window thera are some places where i cant get...dont know why and dont know how to find colision boxes if there is some one...can u help me please??thx

Comment

Working...
            X