Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i need to create lightmaps for each LOD or just for the Base mesh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do i need to create lightmaps for each LOD or just for the Base mesh?

Is it enough to create the lightmaps for the base model?
    I imported some meshes with 2 LODs and i've seen that the lods appears completely black, is it because i didn't create lightmaps for those models?

There is no need for importing lightmaps. I would check to see if the material are set up properly. You can have the texture loaded in the material, but it will not affect anything if it is not connected to the 'Diffuse' input. If you coded the model in, be sure it has a light environment.

Comment

I checked for the material and it seems to be set up correctly, everything works well in the editor and if i play the game on pc it works.
      The problem exists only in mobile (previewer and device) and only for the meshes which have lod models without lightmaps, but i don't know if it is the real problem or if there's something else.

Comment

I still have this problem, i have some kind of confusion in my mind.
        The questions are:

1) Do i need to create lightmaps for LODs or are they going to use the Base mesh one?
        2) If i need to create lightmaps for LODs they will look with a different lighting from the base mesh and when they are loaded, even if at distance, the player can see a change of lighting on an object. (i have this problem on the meshes wich have the lods with lightmaps)
        3) If i don't need to create lightmaps why the hell are they black at runtime?

Comment

You can make different UVs for lower LOD versions, with the exception of foliage meshes http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Foliage.html#LOD.

Comment

Ok so this is the reason why i see the lods completely black at runtime, they don't use the lightmap of the base mesh and they havn't their own.
            Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X