UDK texture compression issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The texture for the weapon is already 2048x2048, and I don't really want to go higher. I guess I can figure out a trick in the material editor to cover it up. The pixelation isn't the issue I'm having, just the discoloration in some inconvenient areas.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah ****, someone else needs help with this as well, now I have to reply here as well

It's most likely a compression issue. The DXT1 compression you have to use for diffuse textures can be horrible at times. I don't think there is a way to disable compression for other than normalmap textures, so quite much your only option is to try to increase the texture resolution.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same question. It looks horrible on my fps weapon, and it is right up close to the camera too.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UDK texture compression issue

UDK texture compression issue

Hi all, imported a mesh in UDK with a 512 texture (basic stuff, looks fine in Maya) and seem to be getting some horrible compression, any idea how to change it? When I re-import the texture it looks fine, as soon as I go to save my package it goes back to looking down rezzed (if you look carefully you can see a fair bit of pixellation where the colors in the UDK preview become 'muddied.') Thanks

Working...
X