Cave/Cave System - Need help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Try using all the static mesh's that come with udk. Just scale the rocks like you need them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spoof View Post
    Option B requires Max, May, Blender, etc. Why don't you want to use them?

Edit: re-read your post and both Option A and B require them
    I mean it's not that I don't want to use them, it's just that for the class that I'm in, our assignment is to create a cave/cave system without using blender, max, maya. He told us it would take take too long to learn the other programs (we're only learning UDK in the course). He wants us to figure out how to create + add a cave/cave system to the outdoor landscape that we've made, along with other things (like bots/fixed cameras).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Option B requires Max, May, Blender, etc. Why don't you want to use them?

Edit: re-read your post and both Option A and B require them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anybody know? I've been looking online/trying to watch videos but I haven't seen any explanations of how they go about doing so.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Cave/Cave System - Need help..

Cave/Cave System - Need help..

Does anyone know how to make a cave (using only UDK, without using 3ds max, maya, etc)

The only 2 ways I can think of is first using visibility to create a hole in the outside terrain, then:

Option A:
    - Use CSG to basically create rooms and then just add some static meshes to them

Option B:
    - Create a second landscape to use as the ground of the cave/cave system, then either add CSG or static meshes for the ceiling + walls.

Are these the only 2 ways of creating a cave/cave system in UDK (without using other programs)?
Working...
X