Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level Optimisation

Hi everyone!
    I am having a little trouble with performance on my map. Its nowhere near done, all I have is a landscape, with some low-poly foliage on the ground, and a skydome. There is a single dominant directional light on the map, very little shadows and generally 512x512 textures. I also have a water shader with around 140 instructions. My map has a quite low polygon count, and yet I am achieving about 22 fps! The example maps work fine, they have a much larger polygon count than mine, and run at around 30fps. I read over the documentation about performance and optimisation, but I didn't understand a lot of it, so does anybody have any ways on how I can improve my maps performance? Thanks in advance!

Have you build the lighting or is it dynamic? What kind of actor is your water surface, static mesh?

Comment

I have about 3 meshes casting dynamic shadows, and the ground foliage none at all. The rest of my meshes cast static shadows, and I am using a fluid surface actor for my water. I do plan to change it to a simple plane mesh to optimise a bit further, and all my lighting is built. Any tips? I did read about some optimisations with code, but I haven't touched unreal script yet. -.-

Comment

I'm not sure but you should add an ExponentialHeightFog (see in the actor class of the content browser : > fog)
        you check enabled and the fog density to 0.03 (see the examples maps).
        The Unreal Engine will don't have to calculate what's behind the fog

Comment

]Innuendo[ - Wow! I can't believe I didn't think of that myself, Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X