Collision for Cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collision for Cave

How should I go about a collision on a cave? using collision hulls? Is it possible to put a collision on the cave material, blocking weapon fire and restricting player movement to inside the cave, then just have a custom made collision through a UCX import or made within UDK itself to walk on for the floor??

Not as complicated as I thought(for simple models anyways). I will use collision hulls. I thought maybe some kind of material node network could put a collision on a mapped texture, maybe in the future!! lol..My stair collision was looking a little rough when the player walks up. Seemed too fast and jagged sloppy. I'm sure I will fig. how to deal with that some other time....

Comment

Just try to keep it as simple as possible. If it can be a bunch of boxes and ramps, that's perfect. For some caves I've made before, I simply took the floor, simplified it, and extruded the sides up or down depending on wanting walls or drop-offs. If I can get away with it, I love using blocking volumes for simple collision.

Comment

Working...
      X