• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks, sir.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This should help you out with some of the issues or questions that you have. It has some pretty good information on how he did his designs. I believe he used 3dMax though so you may need to adjust for Maya. Hope it helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry, just going to bump one time in case anyone has any tips and tricks for this situation.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Round and curved modular creation

Round and curved modular creation

Hey guys,

I couldn't find too much on modular creation in regards to round and curved static meshes. Does anyone have any tips or tutorials they can point me in the right direction to.

I understand the concepts of basic modular map creation. (I just have to get better with Maya since the last time I used a level editor everything was basically BSPs.) What I'm having a hard time with is planning out anything with a curve.

For instance, lets say I have a castle tower that is basically a cylinder. Would the best way to create a modular setup involve me creating a piece that is the diameter and height I want with one doorway and then another that is closed in? I i could see this working if i were to stack these pieces as necessary. Are there better or easier ways?

Same thing if you're wanting to make curved hallways or domed ceilings.

Thanks guys,

Louis
Working...
X