Function-less Actor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Function-less Actor

All the placeable actors in the UDK Ed seem to have a specialized function. However, for some purposes, especially in Kismet, it is useful to use an actor object to mark a location that isn't a pathnode, a light, or a playerstart (etc). Especially since some have restrictions when building and such.

I am wondering if there is such a thing that I can place in a level to mark a location and that does nothing else specifically. (If not, what would you recommend using for this purpose?)

Originally posted by http404error View Post
    All the placeable actors in the UDK Ed seem to have a specialized function. However, for some purposes, especially in Kismet, it is useful to use an actor object to mark a location that isn't a pathnode, a light, or a playerstart (etc). Especially since some have restrictions when building and such.

I am wondering if there is such a thing that I can place in a level to mark a location and that does nothing else specifically. (If not, what would you recommend using for this purpose?)
    You can just add a small cube and open it's properties and set it to hidden and turn off its collisions. Then just delete it when your game is finished.

Comment

Or you could just add a note actor, or a trigger with nothing attached to its kismet outputs, etc etc. I tend to use notes unless i need to be sure I have pawn clearance, in which case I'll use a trigger with a collision cyl matching my pawn's

Comment

Originally posted by Jetfire View Post
        Or you could just add a note actor, or a trigger with nothing attached to its kismet outputs, etc etc. I tend to use notes unless i need to be sure I have pawn clearance, in which case I'll use a trigger with a collision cyl matching my pawn's
        Thank you! That's precisely the sort of thing I was looking for. I'm not sure what you mean by pawn clearance, though.

Comment

Well, for example, I have consoles the ai need to be able to stand at to repair, so by using an appropriately shaped trigger collision cylinder, i can be sure I've left enough clearance around it when they stand at that spot and use it as a location marker.

Comment

Working...
          X