Static Meshes and BSP Brushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static Meshes and BSP Brushes

I've recently built a mansion in UDK without carving out windows, doors and materials, then saved it as a static mesh for use in another level. Is it possible in UDK to convert a static mesh back to BSP brushes so they can be edited?

The only way I can think of is importing the mesh as a brush, though I think you may have to export it out first as an obj then bring it back in as a brush. But even then it would probably give you tons of errors in the long run. You probably should have saved out an extra copy of the map before converting it to save the trouble.

But the best thing I think you should do is get a copy of Blender and just model in that. It's easier, more performance friendly, and allows more control for textures. Overall, modeling a mesh is way better than using BSP or converting BSP to a mesh

Comment

Thanks for the comeback Jessie. I was thinking the same thing. I've actually been using Blender for a couple of years now, but being fairly new to UDK, I've been experimenting around with modeling and as a matter of fact, I did save the level in a couple places. I just wanted to see if I converted it to a static mesh, whether or not it could be converted back somehow. I'll just Blenderize the mansion and leave it in the bare bones mode for editing later. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X