Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you create pickups that make you run faster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by shuriken88 View Post
    I think I'm gonna go and play Postal 2!!!! You'll know what I mean if you've played it! Funniest and most depraved FPS on the planet!
    OMG! I love that game! Wasn't it banned?!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Colin_Laws View Post
    I want to make a little crack rock or some crystal meth pickup
    I think I'm gonna go and play Postal 2!!!! You'll know what I mean if you've played it! Funniest and most depraved FPS on the planet!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Right click the "Out" tab, Set active Delay of 15 seconds, plug it into another modify properties node that switches it back to the original speed (open up the code to see what that original speed is)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eridan View Post
    Hi Colin_Laws,

Depends on how you have your game setup. One way to do it is to use kismet and the Modify Property node like JessieG suggests.

You can also check out this old thread.
    Now is there a way I could set a time out period, so I could make it only last a duration of lets say, 15 seconds?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Colin_Laws,

Depends on how you have your game setup. One way to do it is to use kismet and the Modify Property node like JessieG suggests.

You can also check out this old thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You would use a modify properties node to change the property value in the default properties of your code that controls the speed. In this case, if you want to use strictly kismet, you would probably spawn the crack rock where you want it and destroy it with a trigger when touched and modify the property at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• How do you create pickups that make you run faster?

Is there any way that I can create a small pickup, like for instance in my game I am making, I want to make a little crack rock or some crystal meth pickup that makes the player run much faster for a period of time. Is there any way that I can modify the players speed by using Kismet?
Working...
X