Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrain Editing, Material Painting, angles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrain Editing, Material Painting, angles?

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but search seems to be broken (I search and page never loads). This is quite a unique question anyway so here goes...

I moved to the cryengine some years ago to do my landscape visualizations with, and ended up falling in love with their terrain tools (yes amazingly! AFTER getting past the initial quirks of it). One thing in particular was how you could paint a specific material to a specific angle only, like for rock faces on mountains or sheer cliffs. I am now getting back into UDK editing, and was wondering if there is an equivalent setting when painting textures in the UDK?

I stopped using the unreal engine shortly before the UDK was launched, and grabbed it to check out several times, but could not find such a setting on my own. Most of my unreal experience was with UT97 lol, please forgive.

Thanks to anyone for any insight on this subject!

I'm searching my brain, but I don't recall being able to do it. I do, however, find it easier to control my brush in UDK than in cryengine, so there's that for you

Comment

That is true lol. Well I don't find it hard to play with materials on the terrain as it is, but that cryengine feature sure was handy! Hopefully they will improve the terrain in UDK soon.

Comment

Working...
      X