Need help improving the Landscape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It looks great now, all it needs is foliage and other decoration to look more realistic. I like it a lot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That one has a detailed normal map array. In addition to generating a normal map for your overall terrain, you would also like to create normal maps for your diffuse layers. The normal map for the terrain helps lighting on terrain sections that are distant and have been optimized and the texture normal maps of course help up close detail.

If you need help with normal map layers let me know and I can dig up a screenshot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Exactly what Darthviper said. And they have good textures. I can see the tiling in yours. You need to adjust the texture so the tiling isn't visible or at least break the tiling up with other layers. Trees would also help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmm but how is that this one looks like this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You need to add foliage and distance fog, that will actually make it look much better.

Plus other things, rocks and whatever. just being the landscape isn't going to look right by itself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I do not know... I want it to look more realistic or more detailed, perhaps a better material for it, but I do not know how to make a better one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What exactly are you looking to improve about it?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Need help improving the Landscape

Need help improving the Landscape

Here is how it looks now

and this is the material:

Working...
X