Gameplay In Created Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    This is why the character pawn cant walk up the steps (you can see this view anytime by holding Shift and V [Shift-V] at the same time. Pressing this combination again cycles through the collision views and then back to the 'default' lighting view):

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just move the stairs down a bit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I added a couple screen shots to the folder if you click the link again you'll find them in there. So how do I change these units? Are you talking about the drag grid units?

Update: Solved. Yup, the height of the stairs was exactly the problem. Thanks alot guys. I didn't spot the 32 unit limitation on height in any of the tutorials I've seen so far.

George

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Screenshot would have been sufficient. It is just placed to high.

If I remember correctly, the highest amount of unreal units one can walk up at the time is 32.
    Your setup is a few unreal units above that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for responding. Rather than a screenshot, that probably won't help, I can put a link in this message that'll give you a direct download for the map. The stairs were taken out of the UDK Content Browser. Also as Faction120 wondered, they are touching the floor. Anyway here's the link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/65746799/Simple_Level.zip
    if the link doesn't work, just copy and paste it in your browser. Thanks for taking the time.

George

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It would be easier to guess if you provided us with a picture of the problem.
    I am not familiar with the 3D buzz tutorial, what kind of stairs is it?

One of the provided assets from UDK?
    Custom made in a 3d program (3ds max, maya, blender?)
    Ingame BSP-stairs?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know this sounds stupid but did you scale the stairs at all ? possibly have them floating over the actual ground ? maybe upload a screenshot or if you'd like PM me and I'll take a look at your map.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Gameplay In Created Level

Gameplay In Created Level

Hi Guys: I've been following along with the 3D Buzz tutorials and I'm at the end of Part 2 (Simple Level). Outside of one simple problem, everything's great. Lighting, Materials ect. When I play the Level, the player gets around allright except he won't climb stairs. I've looked around for a setting or something I might have hit by mistake, with no luck. Being new at all of this, well not all,(I do have 3D modeling experience in Blender) this is probably an easy fix for veterans but I would really appreciate your help if you could.
    Thanks
    George
Working...
X