Heightfog far plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heightfog far plane?

Long ago, in an older version of UDK, I set up my level to have a heightfog, that put fog in crevices and deep pits.

It worked as intended and looked great.

However, I have recently ported to a new version (Though I am not sure that's when and why it happened, as I haven't noticed it until now), and now the heightfog is not visible until the player is within the fog. (He has to be in the mentioned crevices before it start rendering). It's almost like it has both a near plane, AND a far plane. I do not wish it to have a far plane, I wish it to always be visible. I cannot see any settings which does anything like this.

Any suggestions?

I am still having this issue I'm afraid, here's a video of the issue:

As you can see, as I move the camera away from the height fog, it starts disappearing. This did not happen before, and I do not wish this to happen now.

Comment

Probably need to increase StartDistance on the ExponentialHeightFogComponent.

Code:
      /** Distance from the camera that the fog will start, in world units. */
      var()    const    interp    float    StartDistance;

Comment

I'm afraid StartDistance is the opposite. It makes the area near the camera clear of fog.

The problem here is that it's disappearing when it's getting far from the camera.
        Thanks for the idea though!

Comment

Any more suggestions?

Comment

are you using an exponential height fog? have you tried using other fog methods like a fog volume?

Comment

Maybe a problem between heightfog and lightmass. I saw in UDN that some expression like Dest Depth give no correct values with lightmass.
              I don't know if it is possible to correct it with heightfog.

Other suggestion : I saw in UDN that heightfog could bug with some graphic cards.

Comment

Working...
              X