Maya to UDK.--- Making a room --- Collision Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Have you read the udn docs on collision? It's all explained in pretty good detail

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That sphere is pretty low poly so one thing you can do is import that as an actual mesh into UDK. Double click on it in the content browser and turn off "use simple box collision" to allow it to use per poly collision detection. Then place it in your scene on the room, open it's properties, and turn on "Hidden in game" then just hide it in the editor to get it out of the way while you work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While your models can be as non-convex as you want, your collision meshes(can be multiple collision meshes per static mesh) must be both convex and non-intersecting. For something like a dome, you may be better off with per-poly collision.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Maya to UDK.--- Making a room --- Collision Issues

Maya to UDK.--- Making a room --- Collision Issues

I figured out how to get collision on my small objects and terrain, but I'm trying to make a dome shaped room and although collision shows up, I cannot enter. The dome's collision was 1 mesh, so I split it into 2 meshes and combined them. that didn't work either.

I tried making a hollow spherical room (the walls are thick, the normals are facing the correct way on all sides, but I still could not enter the sphere. Also, the platform that was attached to my sphere could not be stood on. It was like there was an invisible ramp going from the tip of my ramp to the top of the sphere.

Do all of my models have to be completely convex? If I made a candy cane and used itself as it's collision, would the collision morph into a deformed spoon shape? How would I go about making a dome room? or cylindrical castle tower interiors for that matter? What are the rules for collision shapes?

I'm going to keep experimenting with various shapes,

I have included a pic of the sphere I tried to make as a room.
Working...
X