Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level Streaming

Hi all!
    I run into a small problem with my workflow. I'm using a lot of small streamed levels in my game world, some of them are always loaded, some of them is distance based. My problem is the following: When I start my game, the loading session is really fast, but when it's loaded my main map, it lags like hell for about a half moment, 'till all the streaming levels are loaded. Is there any way to force the loading screen to stay on top until my last streamed level (always loaded) loads?

I normally stream through kismet. I believe distance based streaming will force it to wait until the level opens (loading screen goes away) then stream in distance based levels. If you do it through kismet, level loading will wait until streaming levels on level loaded are ready.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the distance based streaming thats a bit annoying, but I think the key is just opzimizing with this. what drives me crazy is the always loaded maps, because they are also streamed after the loading screen and I don't know any acceptable reason for this, but if you say that the kismet streaming method maybe can solve this problem i would give it a try tomorrow, Or today but after a sleep Do you stream distance based levels through Kismet as well?

Comment

Working...
      X