Blender Or Wings3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blender Or Wings3d

hello once again everyone, and i am stuck in a rather hard situation. I have designed a project, that i am going to be making in UDK, and i am not sure which out of these 2 programs to use. People have said that blender is better on most of the questions i have asked on various websites, but then people are also saying thats Wings3d Is better, becuase it is more simpler to use. This is where i need your help!

Can someone please tell me which one of these programs to use, and state why i should use it, beucase i cant really make up my mind, and i need someone else to give me a tip of which to use. I havent got much experience in Blender or wings3d, so i am not sure which one is easier to use, and which one can create better models.

Thanks once again!,
    Charlie

Does Wings3d have a suitable exporter?

Comment

Im not sure, i havent looked into it, im going to look into it now, if it doesnt then i would jhave solved my problem, which would mean that im going to use blender, becuase that is the only option i will have left

Comment

Well, it says that it can export in .FBX, that sounds great and all but i always face problems when exporting using an FBX, im going to download Wings3d, see what the outcome of the export is and then i will figure out if i am able to use it or not!

Comment

Im downloading it now, im going to test it out, and see if it works when i go to export a model as .FBX, i doubt that it is going to work as in the past every time that i try and export anything as a FBX format, it messes up, or crashes, but i might be wrong this time it might work. If it doesnt go to plan, and wings3d is a complete peice or rubbish, then it looks like im going to have to use blender. I have got my mind on blender, but people have been saying that wings3d is better, so i am going to have a look at it and hopefully i will be able to make up my mind!

Comment

Alright, i have finally made up my mind, i have desided that i am going to use blender, as on the internet i read that in Wings3d you could export a model as .FBX but i was wrong, and within the program there are no other formats that are compatible with UDK, meaing that i am left to use blender. Thanks for the little help you provided me with, as the only person to help me was ambershee, so thanks alot anyway for the help, and you were right in the first place, it couldnt even export fbx! :P

Comment

Can you please stop those double, triple and quad posts? This is not a chat but a forum. Noone is interested in your erratic thoughts changing every minute.
              I did read 5 multiple posts coming from you just today.

Comment

I am intrested in many other peoples posts, and just becasue i deside to post many different awnsers, and threads does not mean that i am using it as a chat. I am trying to help people out, by giving them feedback, and i am making threads becuase i have questions. You may think that you are better then me, but that does not mean that you can talk to me like that, and you should atleast give the small chance to ask me politely, and not treat me like i deserve no respect. Unreal Is a main part of my life, and just becuase i try and get involved as much as i can in this forum, does not mean that you can insult me.

Comment

Working...
                X