Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help: Best Free Program to create models Within (PLEASE REPLY!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help: Best Free Program to create models Within (PLEASE REPLY!)

Hello again everyone, and i know that this isnt the sort of questions that i normally ask, but i was wondering if any of you know any free programs out there, that you can create 3d models in, aswell as texture them, and the import them into UDK. I do know a few programs such as blender, and stuff like that but i was wondering if any of you know any other programs, apart from blender, that can do the same type of modelling within, but is better. Please help me out, becuase i am going to be making a project/Game soon and i need to know the best free-source Modelling program, that i should create my models in, and then import it into UDK. Thanks for the help!

As far as free programs go, there pretty much is only blender.

Comment

Blender is not bad. Another free to use is "Wings 3D". Blender together with "3D Coat" can do a lot for $100 once learning to use them properly. I find 3ds max easier to learn, but $4000. Get what u pay I guess...

Comment

Alright thanks for the tips, i have been looking at some models that have been produced in blender, and i think that i am just going to stick with using blender. the reason for this is becuase i think that it is the best free-source modelling program, as you both stated, and i know that blender is capable of creating rather decent modelling. Thanks for the help, you both helped me make my desicion!

Comment

If you are a 'student' you can get almost all of autodesk's programs for free under a student account.

Comment

Originally posted by theahura View Post
            If you are a 'student' you can get almost all of autodesk's programs for free under a student account.
            The only catch is he can't sell anything he makes with those student versions.

Comment

Well, as mentioned above you can try to get 3ds max/maya with a student license. It's really good to learn the software like that then you can just learn new things. As much as free software goes Blender is the way to go. I've heard about Milkshape but i don't know if it is free or not. If you want a free one just stick to blender(best free one there is). Good luck

Comment

Working...
              X