shadowing and lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shadowing and lighting

so, I'm pretty new to udk, my first level I'm creating is a night based map. I've been reading tutorials everywhere about lighting and level design and i think I'm getting the hang of things (well except for my last thread :P ) anyway I was wondering if you guys can give me some tips on creating night maps (or just maps in general) (eg: I read it's good to use complementary colours with lighting and shadows, yellow sun, blue tinted shadows) I'm trying to get the lighting right to simulate darkness and the moon. I hope this isn't a pointless thread, I guess what I'm asking is how can I make my map dark and what are some good colours for shadowing and lighting as well as some general tips!

Thanks guys.

(If I get some good ones I'll put them up here so if anyone's looking for these in the future they'll be easy to find)

no one at all?

Comment

Hello try to view "Night Lighting" when you click "New map"

Comment

I did try that (the night map template?) it was still waaay to bright for what I'm after (and somehow when there wasn't anything in the scene apart from skybox there was an invisible light source which I couldn't darken) but thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
        X