Maybe Collision Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Collision Error

So, I have a building which is a static mesh made in Maya. I applied the Auto Convex Collision on full blast and I have simple box and simple line collision turned off.

When I have the characters inside the buildings, all is good, but when I shoot them they just partially fall through the floor and have a mini seizure.

Thanks

Having simple box collision off means its using per poly collision and not the auto collision you made for it. Turn that back on.

Comment

But that makes it where I wouldn't be able to walk inside the house since the doors would have collision on them.

*EDIT* Alrighty, I got it fixed. When I turned off Simple Box/Line/Rigid Body Collision I could walk through the door AND the actors didn't clip through. Thanks for the help

Comment

If you import an entire room/building as one piece, using per poly collision is a bad idea. The performance will get more and more dreadful. You either need to make custom collisions in your 3D app that allow you to enter, use blocking volumes, or separate the building into pieces with individual collisions. Turning off box collision for a bunch of things is bad, especially when the poly count goes up as you progress.

Comment

Working...
        X