Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top-Down Bacground

Hi,

I'm building a top-down space shooter game for iOS but I've stuck in a point, make the space background.

In my game the player won't move in the X direction only in the Y (left/right) and I would like to simulate the moving by a slowly moving background. What is the best method to achieve this? I'm thinking about Scaleform to make it but I've no idea how to do this. I've tried to make a rotating skybox, but I couldn't made that looks good.

If you have any idea please share with me, I would appreciate.

Thanks.

Depends on exactly what you want the background to be.

If it's just some stars, I would use a panning material on a surface.

Comment

You will play this game to check functionality for easy touch and direction moving the background.

Comment

I would like to use Spacescape generated pictures (http://alexcpeterson.com/spacescape), how panning materials work? Is it working on iOS?

Comment

I made it to work with TextureTransform, looks good, thanks, can i change the panning speed in script or kismet?

Comment

Good Plan, what you need to do is just form a kismet sequence>Your done

Comment

I want to modify the panning speed during gameplay, for example when the game is paused the material stops moving.

Comment

Do a material swap...so when paused you set it to star material with now panner

Comment

Working...
                X