Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.udk map file not opening

hi...

i had been working with my .udk map file yesterday. bt suddenly there's some problem with it. Today I tried to open it a no of times, but its giving the error that the *.udk is not a valid map file.

kindly help, I have a lot of work saved in the file and dont know what to do.

Did you change the file extensions type in the ini file? Changing it to anything other than .udk will result in .udk files not opening, unless you re-save them with the new file extension.

Comment

i did not change anything in the ini files... a day before i was working on my map.. and the next day it was not opening showing *.udk is not a valid map file....

Comment

Something must have been changed in the ini's as TheAgent has suggested, either you made it by mistake or someone else did it on your pc, can you check the defaultengine.ini and look at MapExt in the section [URL] and see what it equals ? it should normally be MapExt=udk and i reckon that's where you can change your map file extension,

Comment

it is set to udk.. also i am able to open other .udk maps... itz just 1 map that doesnt open and throws the error..

Comment

Could you post your launch log ?

Comment

Working...
            X