Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding sounds to Assets

Hey guys,

can anyone easily explain how to add sounds to your assets, so as they collide with walls or floors they make suitable sounds.

I have my .wav file but no knowledge of how to attach them :P

thanks for the help

Seb

If your object is an interp actor, when you open the properties (f4) there should be slots to plug in the sounds for colliding.

Comment

Jessie is right go along with what he said, it should work

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the tips. however im using Kactors, and i cannot for the life of me find the slots for sound colliding..I searched through interpactor settings too, am i just being hillariously stupid?

Comment

Ah right! Kactor. For that, you need to make a physical material for your object. Right click in the content browser, choose new physical material and assign that to the Kactor in it's properties (the Phys Material Override slot). When you double click the Physical Material there should be plenty of different options for sounds to go into.

To make sure the sounds play, however, select your Kactor again, open its properties and turn on "Notify Rigid Body Collision" and "Block Rigid Bodies" to make sure it collides with other objects and knows when it does.

Comment

Yey. thankyou (:

Comment

No problem. Also, I'm fairly certain you have to use sound cues, not just sound wavs.

Comment

Working...
              X