Custom content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    you can try blender. I use it and its free.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well technically you could sell your stuff made with the student version, but the licence prevents you from doing so:
    The Autodesk Student Version software incorporates all the functionality of our professional licenses, but includes a print banner making the software inappropriate for professional, commercial, or for-profit purposes. Autodesk Student Version software may not be used in the classroom or lab for instructional purposes, or for commercial or for-profit purposes.
    Source: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...12&id=17354855

As far as I know, all three programs have pretty much the same capabilities. The major difference lies in the ease of use and the user interface. All programs need some time to get used to and to learn to use all their tools correctly. I would suggest to stick to the program that you enjoy using most once you started, or you might get confused.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the reply! Got the student version of Max Going to play around with it now.
    Aren't some of them better suited certain tasks, like creating characters and so on? Or is it basically the same and just preferences like you said?

Not that I intend to(yet), but you can't sell creations for money in a student version? Only in paid version? (just making sure i got that right)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They're all well suited for UDK, it just comes down to personal choice which to use. Some prefer Max others prefer Maya, some go the free route and use Blender/Gimp.

I suggest you get the trial version of Maya and Max and see which you prefer, if not both. Though they cost a lot of money. If youre a student, you could see if you're eligible for the free student versions, though nothing you make with those can be sold for money. Blender is free and just as capable of creating content as Max or Maya.

Just try them out and go with whatever feels right to you.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Custom content

Custom content

I don't have a lot of experience using 3d modelling tools, but I am about to focus on creating content for UDK for a while.
    So i was wondering if I could get your opinion on the different available software, such as maya, 3ds max and so on...
    Advantages/disadvantages and whats suited best for UDK.
Working...
X