Image Based Reflection issue - actor missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Based Reflection issue - actor missing

Hey I have over time, known that Image Based reflections are working with textures of primarily emissive and Lit nature and in the scene that I have made, I have collected all the textures required but I don't find the ImageReflectionActor in the ActorClasses browser. And even if I would I'm still pretty confused over using them, because the ImageReflectionScreenCaptureActor gets me all messed up reflections.

Also I would like some information over shadowing in the Dx11 reflections of point lights. Otherwise they seem to just leek through walls of BSP.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

OK I got it but it's just "ImageReflection", stupid of me. and then I try to assign a texture that is captured by the ImageReflectionScreenCaptureActor and then it says 'Failed to assign' and my actor disappears. Any help here?
    Thanks in advance.

Comment

What you're supposed to do is position the actor in front of the object that will be reflected, then I think there's a checkbox in the properties of the actor to enable it to render it's own reflection texture, then when you rebuild paths (I don't think you have to rebuild lighting for this) it will render its own reflection texture.

I think the point light reflections is something else.

Comment

Well if that was the case then I could have just used the ScreenCaptureActor itself, but what I want is complete control over how the reflection looks like and all that. The thing is that the reflection is all blurry, I wanted sharper and more accurate reflections.

Still you gave way to my point light reflections and all that. Hearty thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
        X