Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collision type for glass mesh

Hi,

I need a glass (translucent) mesh to collide with all meshes (pawns, weapons, kactor's...) but allow enemies seeing through it. Do you know if any existing collision type fits these requirements? If not, what should I do to achieve it?

Thanks in advance!

Might want to look into the phys material I know that their is a glass material with UDK. Let me know if this does what you want it to.

Comment

Thanks for your answer, enter360. However, it seems not to solve the issue. I can't see any option related to this, even I set to the prop I want to be transparent for AI an UT glass material which had set the glass physical material (PM_glass) and it made no difference.

If this can not be solved by prop design, it must be something related to code, so it is required to play with the materials where the trace functions collide when issued and filter accordingly. A bit weird...

Comment

I've tried with all collision models available and none of them provides with the result I want (blocks all except AI vision).

Does anyone know how to make a static mesh 'invisible' for the AI while colliding with everything else (bullets, other actors, etc...)?

Comment

Nobody has ever made a game where AIs had to see through glass? I can't believe it... xD

Comment

apex destructible actor is what you want. these are made from the apex physx lab. you gotta sign up to be a registered physx developer though. the pawns see right through apex desructible actors and also with a glass type apex object you can shatter it and have it collide with everything also.

Comment

Originally posted by jgg View Post
              Nobody has ever made a game where AIs had to see through glass? I can't believe it... xD
              for your AI's "see", you need to use some other channel, "maybe Untitled1"

Comment

Working...
              X