Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pathnodes lowering themselves - How to stop them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Right, I'd like to have them spawn at variable heights depending on the encounter rather than have a set height.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    have you tried VolumePathNode?
    it says at the top of the script
    // VolumePathNode
    // Useful for flying or swimming

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tmanzicom View Post
    Is there a way to remove the height requirement? If I have a flying enemy type, I'd rather they spawn in air than having them spawn on the ground and move them to air. Thanks for the heads up though, will definitely solve 80% of my issues.
    Crusha's solution would do that, however they would all spawn at the same height.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've done that before. It's a little too hacky for me. I'd like to have a 100% fix that doesn't mess with the level at all. Thanks for the input though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A way that i fixed this problem when it happened to me was that i created a really really small bsp underneath the pathnode, which you could barely see, so when the pathnode was ment to go down it would only hit the bsp and stay there, it was a good trick to make it stay in the area i wanted it, but you can just leave it, and then the problem should re-fix it self eventually as mine did

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a way to remove the height requirement? If I have a flying enemy type, I'd rather they spawn in air than having them spawn on the ground and move them to air. Thanks for the heads up though, will definitely solve 80% of my issues.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The height is defined in the DefaultProperties of that specific PathNode class. If you want them to stay at another height, you need to derive your own PathNode subclass with the changed values.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Pathnodes lowering themselves - How to stop them.

Pathnodes lowering themselves - How to stop them.

Is there a way to set up pathnodes so they don't automatically move when building paths? The ones I currently have attach themselves to the floor and lower themselves to a specific height.
Working...
X