Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to do you make a game ending for a single player game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    A Flash movie is an option, but what if you want to play the trailer video after you reach the end of your demo game? Can it be played somehow? Maybe a Bink video?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, what you could do is just do a fade of the screen, so you could show a matinee scene of the character, and then do it fading into black, and after doing so if you want to make it look even more proffessional you could add credits to the end. But there isnt much point in doing this if you have had a very big ammount of people helping you with this game, as it will only be shoing you in the credits, which isnt a very good sign, but then again it would show that you worked hard by yourself, and you are capibly of working indipendently!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, thats a good idea and that probally is the best idea as well, because it can end the story in a quick and simple way, and it can be easy if you know how to use flash, and you know how to create stuff in it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Use a level loaded event connected to a GFX movie node, as long as the movie is a flash video.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I get how it might work with level streaming, but how do I set the up movie to work through kismet so when I touch the a trigger at end of the first map the movie streams off the next map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can trigger flash movies to play, like an ending cutscene or credits, and it'd probably be best to use level streaming. Player hits the trigger for the end, it loads a new level with just the video playing, then after it finishes, load the level containing the start screen.

Leave a comment:

• How to do you make a game ending for a single player game.

I have made a video that I want to have in the ending of game. I was wondering how I can get the video to play in full screen when the player reaches a certain point, so that the video plays in full screen and the game ends after. Might it be possible doing this through trigger sequence.

I have been searching for quite a while now on google on how to do this but couldn't find anything of use.
Working...
X