X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED - Low FPS problems

::SOLVED::

--------------------------------------

I had a scene capture actor at the other side of the map (about 8000uu away) updating at 1000fps, which is ridiculous, but seems to be the default! I knocked this down to 30fps and it seems fine. Also made it so that it is only active when the player approaches the room using a trigger volume.

--------------------------------------

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my frames per second.
    When I first load the map the FPS is displayed as 5 fps but soon jumps back to 120fps. If I rotate my view 180 degrees this drops to 19fps but if I look at a clean surface (wall, ceiling etc) then look back at the problem area it shoots back up to 120fps.
    I imagine it's something to do with how UDK caches materials or lighting.
    Any help on a fix for this would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance.

Might be the view occlusion culling in udk, which would explain why there is a frame rate drop when more objects or complex shaders are visible. Switch to 'shader complexity' view to narrow down the problem area(s)

Comment

I tried applying the same material to every object, which was made up of just one constant 1 vector, and deleted the dominant directional light and I still have the problem. It does seem to be in the same areas each time but one of the problem areas is very simple, no complex geometry, no interp actors etc.

Comment

Working...
      X