How to Import CSG Brush meshes into another Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Import CSG Brush meshes into another Map

Hey everybody, just wanting to know if it's possible to do this.

If me and a friend are working on a level from separate computers, and lets say he has some CSG Add Cube Brushes in his map, is there anyway to import these into my map on a different computer?

(In the picture, is there anyway to take these from one computer and import them into my level on another computer?)
    http://imgur.com/8xebo

Thanks

ask him to send the map with the bsp brush in it to you.

Open that map. Select "Brush Wireframe" which is the 2nd icon from the "P" icon on your viewport tabs. Now select the wireframe for that bsp that you need, and Ctrl+C

Now, open your map, and Ctrl+V . That should do it.

Comment

Thank you so much for an answer, but is there any special way of sending the map with the bsp brush in it?

Does he need to save or export?

Baby steps explanation would be awesome if you don't mind.

Thanks

Comment

Just ask him to Zip the map and send it .

Make sure to place your maps in C:\UDK\UDK-2012-03(this is my version of UDK)\UDKGame\Content\Your Game Folder

Comment

Alrighty thanks, I got everything figured out now except for 1 thing.

When your selecting the Brush Wire-frame, is there a easy and efficient way to select all of the wire-frame you want instead of having to ctrl-click everything?

Comment

Ctrl+Alt will get you a red box selection, what ever you highlight with that gets selected. including the skydome, you will just have to Ctrl+click to deselect the ones that you dont want after that.

Comment

Other easy way: Right click on a brush, Go to Select -> Select All Brushes. Ctrl + C. Paste into Notepad or an email, send that over. Then Copy that and paste into UDK.

Comment

Working...
              X