Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot Apply a Material to a landscape..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Its worth learning to use the landscape, as it opens up more possibilities, is more optimized, and is not all that complicated once you get the basics. Terrain is outdated and has issues/bugs that make it less ideal compared to the landscape system. check out UDN if you haven't already.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i use the terrain editor couse i'm to lazy to lern the new one and there i's very easy to apply materials.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    under Add New Layer, you need to add Sand,Grass, and Horse**** as these are the layer names in your material. Currently you have a nonexistent one added.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In the second screenshot you have the layer name as "Land", but none of your layer nodes in the material have that name.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Cannot Apply a Material to a landscape..?

Cannot Apply a Material to a landscape..?

Never Mind! thread resolved!

So I've been having this problem with landscapes. I made my material exactly like how tutorials Instructed I should:

However, when I applied to the Landscape, the result is not desirable:

The landscape is black and the layers do not appear as they should so I can paint them on to the landscape. So far the only way around this was been not using the layering system. Does anyone else know a way to fix this or what I'm doing wrong?
Working...
X