Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The sun rises at night and sets during the day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm not at the computer at the moment, but for the sun, I used the tutorial here as a guideline. The video tutorial was very useful. From there, I used the skybox materials that come with UDK as a base guideline and used Kismet to edit the parameters on the fly. If you want more details, I can post them when I get back to the other computer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How did you get the sun dial working? using the material editor for the skybox and then creating a matinee sequence or? anyways, just post some screen snaps of what you have done and how it is turning out .

Leave a comment:

• started a topic The sun rises at night and sets during the day?

The sun rises at night and sets during the day?

Hey all,

In Kismet, I've set the day/night cycle so stars come out at a certain time and the sky is blue during the day. I tried getting the sun to rise and set at the right times, but when I line it up in Kismet and go to play, the angle is changed and the sun rises and sets almost at the opposite time I wanted. In Kismet, it looks fine, but upon playing, it totally changes.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I figured it out. I set the movement track to "World Frame" instead of "relative to initial" and I think that did the trick. It is working for now, at least.
Working...
X