How to add poster/ paintings/ pictures to UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add poster/ paintings/ pictures to UDK

I'm trying to figure out how to add a custom poster to my UDK level as a decal, but I have no idea how. Any help would be appreciated.

Easy stuff...import your texture, open its properties and change the AdressXY from "wrap" to "clamp" (prevents tiling). Create a material with the texture and plug that material to your decal...done.

Comment

Originally posted by SethNemo View Post
      Easy stuff...import your texture, open its properties and change the AdressXY from "wrap" to "clamp" (prevents tiling). Create a material with the texture and plug that material to your decal...done.
      Does it need to be a certain format (.jpg .png .bmp)? Also, where can I find the AdressXY? What size would you recommend for the poster? Sorry, I know I'm making this harder than it should be.

Comment

Formats can be in .PNG .BMP .TGA avoid jpeg's/jpg's they don't work with UDK. Teture must be in powers of 2 such as : 2,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048

so your poster can be 512x1024 etc. Once imported right click on the texture and go to its properties and you will find AdressXY.

Comment

I always find PNG's are the nicest to use.

Comment

Thanks so much, guys1

Comment

Working...
            X