Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make roads

Hi,

I am new to UDK and I have worked a little bit with terrain editor, brushes, materials, textures - the basics, but I hava a question.
    How can I make a road like this in UDK? I make the mountain (terrain editor), but how do I make such a smooth, curved road? Can it be done in UDK or it should be created in other 3d modelling program (Maya) and exported as static mesh then imported into UDK?

Your best bet to get it looking like pavement would be to model it in pieces. Do the curves as separate pieces and the long stretches as a whole piece, then stack the UVs or stretch them out of the 0-1 space to tile over a road texture.

It's doable as a single piece as well but doing the UVs to get a nice tile effect may prove to be a little tougher.

Comment

As far as I know, there is no way of making such roads inside UDK. This is where modular design comes in. You could create several different shape road meshes and combine them in various ways to create a long road.

Comment

Modelling Road segments is probably your best bet. If you wanted you could try smoothing and flattening, then painting a road material on. The problem with this would be getting the lines down the middle, you would have to hand paint them with a white material.

Comment

You can try what this guy did: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ighlight=roads

Comment

Working...
          X