Interactive foliage using Foliage Mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive foliage using Foliage Mode?

I've got foliage placed in my scene and want to make it interact with the player and vehicles.

I've copied this from the UDK documentation but it only works with InteractiveFoliageActors and not foliage instances placed using Foliage Mode.

Following the UDK documention it suggested I swap out Object World Position and use a Transform Position node transforming the constant 4-vector (0,0,0,1) from Local to World space, to get it to work with Foliage Mode.

This is what I have at the moment but it gives the error that "Arithmetic between types float 4 and float3 are undefined" in the Subtract Node.

Any suggestions?

use a Vector 3 not 4

Comment

It gives me an error saying it must be 4 in the input of transform position when I try a constant 3

Comment

EDIT: Nevermind I see what you did, I didn't see you were doing it for instances.

Foliage placed with "paint" don't even receive collision so they wont work anyway. You have to use a foliage actors.

Comment

i have the same Problem any suggestions?

Comment

you cannot use Interactive foliage actors with the Foliage tool, period. Foliage tool -placed objects don't even have collision, how would they interact with other objects at all?

using [this] would probably work.

Comment

Working...
            X