Radio ambient music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you for the suggestion(: Unfortunately, that did not help and it still resets.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know it is quite late to give you a solution but perhaps someone els will benefit from this:
    Make a AmbientSoundSimple with the settings you prefer.
    target this AmbientSoundSimple inside Kismet with this script. (this script only needs to be activated once (selfUpdate))
    When you almost exit the MaxRadius of the AmbientSoundSimple the "3D" sound will be reset to normal so the reset sound "bug" will not occure.

Code:
    class Modify3DSound extends SeqAct_Latent;

var AmbientSoundSimple TargetItem;
    var UTPawn P;
    var Camera C;

var float ErrorRadius;

function Activated()
    {
    	TargetItem = AmbientSoundSimple(Targets[0]);
    }

function bool Update(float DeltaTime)
    {	
    	local float curDistance;

if(P == None && GetWorldInfo().GetALocalPlayerController().Pawn != None)
    	{
    		C = (GetWorldInfo().GetALocalPlayerController().PlayerCamera);
    		P = UTPawn(GetWorldInfo().GetALocalPlayerController().Pawn);
    	}	

curDistance = VSize(C.Location - TargetItem.Location);
            if (curDistance < (TargetItem.SoundNodeInstance.RadiusMax-ErrorRadius))
    	{
    		TargetItem.AmbientProperties.bAttenuate = true;
    		TargetItem.AmbientProperties.bSpatialize = true;
    		TargetItem.AmbientProperties.bAttenuateWithLPF = true;
    		TargetItem.AudioComponent.VolumeMultiplier=1;
    		//`log (P $"Inside Radius");
    	}
    	else
    	{
    		TargetItem.AmbientProperties.bAttenuate = false;
    		TargetItem.AmbientProperties.bSpatialize = false;
    		TargetItem.AmbientProperties.bAttenuateWithLPF = false;
    		TargetItem.AudioComponent.VolumeMultiplier=0;
    		//`log (P $"Outside Radius");
    	}
    	return true;
    }

defaultproperties 
    {
    	bCallHandler=false
    	ObjName="Modify3DSound"
    	ObjComment="Out of range? convert 3D to 2D sound."
    	VariableLinks.Empty

ErrorRadius = 1
    }

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ya, I did. Could you please post a picture of your setup? Thank you for helping by the way.(: I searched forever for an answer and could never find one. Hopefully this thread could end up helping others as well!(:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you Turn on loop indefinitely in the loop node in the sound cue editor as well? It works just fine for me so you missed a step somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still doesn't work:/ I have in the soundcue editor an attuention node attached to a looping node attached to the sound. I go into Kismet and put a level loaded node and attach that to a play sound with the soundcue I want and attach it to the radio. Yet, when I go outside of the radius, it resets! ARGH!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JessieG View Post
    To stop it from restarting, you need to make a sound cue for your sound wave. In the sound cue, add a loop node and an attenuation node, set the min and max radius in there. Then in kismet, put a play sound node in attached to a level loaded event. Put your sound cue in there and for the target use the radio mesh. So in this case there is no ambientsound actor needed. I just read your question wrong because I was running on about 2 hours of sleep haha.
    Haha thank you for the suggestion! I will go try it right now! (:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To stop it from restarting, you need to make a sound cue for your sound wave. In the sound cue, add a loop node and an attenuation node, set the min and max radius in there. Then in kismet, put a play sound node in attached to a level loaded event. Put your sound cue in there and for the target use the radio mesh. So in this case there is no ambientsound actor needed. I just read your question wrong because I was running on about 2 hours of sleep haha.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, the problem with that setup is the fact that the radio needs to only be playing inside of an apartment. It would be strange if it was playing everywhere. I setup a simple ambient sound in the room with radius set to 600 and looping. Yet, when I leave the 600 radius and then reenter, it resets. Thank you for your suggestions!(:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey. What you can do, is placing a SimpleAmbientSound node in your level. What it does, is that it keeps playing a sound (if loop is toggled) where the volume is being influded by the distance of the object. The distance, volume and SoundCue file is all in the properties (F4), no kismet at all!

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I assume he wants the radio to play the song regardless of whether or not you're in the range. So when you leave the range and come back, it won't restart, you know, kinda like what a normal radio would do in the real world

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Trigger-Kismet-Matinee-play sound. max trigger 1. and continually loop?? if thats what you want. You can have it go in reverse so when you walk away it stops and when you approach it starts is that what you are looking for?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump please

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can you give me more of an explanation? It still restarts itself after going outside of the sound's radius.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Use an ambientsoundsimple node

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Radio ambient music

Radio ambient music

Hello everyone! I have been searching the forums but cannot find an answer to this question! How would I go about making a sound that does not reset after moving out of a radius? I have a radio mesh and have tried everything but every time I leave the sound radius and then walk back in, it restarts the music. I only need the music in one room so music tracks, etc. Won't work. I'm looking for more of a bioshock setup? Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing your suggestions!(:
Working...
X