Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make the rain material pour down the map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make the rain material pour down the map?

So i see there are 3 rain materials but how can i make them pour down the sky? If they were particle element they would have pour down. All the rain related tutorials i saw on youtube are on creating a rain material , but since there is already on udk i just want to use them on my map. A detailed info would be great because i'm new to udk. thanks

http://youtu.be/3e3UEGl7YDA

Comment

i already watched this but this method would wont work on a huge outdoor map. what i saw was he created a sheet and then turned and then added the material and duplicated it? tried the same on my map doesnt look like actual rain maybe it worked on him because its a room

Comment

You can create a Particle System and either make it very large (large Initial Location) or attach it to Player.

Comment

Im a little confused on what your trying to achieve, but you might want to make a few planes and make them parallel to each other. You can cross and intersect some of them as well. Then apply the rain material in udk to them. Hopefully this helps you out.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowlurker View Post
            Im a little confused on what your trying to achieve, but you might want to make a few planes and make them parallel to each other. You can cross and intersect some of them as well. Then apply the rain material in udk to them. Hopefully this helps you out.
            post deleted

Comment

Working...
            X