Walking animation in a PhysicsVolume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking animation in a PhysicsVolume

Hi, I'm trying to create an extremely basic conveyor belt for a little 2d platformer project. I'm using a physics volume and then using the zone velocity to push the character along. When the character is moving along the floor the walking animation still plays even though I'm not touching the keyboard in any way. Is there any way to fix this? Many thanks

You might be able to edit the anim tree, I'm not sure if there is a node for physics volumes but you could try and pass the walk anim through something that checks if the player is in a volume. I think the most ideal method might be to make your own class of physics volume that simply has a new boolean: var() boolean bNoCharacterAnim. Then create your own anim node using Unrealscript, make it something that checks if the player is in a physics volume(only if that node doesn't exist) and make it check if that physics volume has bNoCharacterAnim set to true. This is definitely possible it would just take a little bit of work learning to make a anim node if you don't know how yet.

Comment

Working...
    X