Dx 10 with Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dx 10 with Windows 7

Hi, I just recently upgraded to windows 7. I'm wanting to use the dx 10 with the editor and game. Before installing UDK I did a directx runtime update(all the dx files are there in system 32 from the update, I checked.). UDK still installed with dx 9. thx for any help with this...

You simply enable it through File-> Switch Rendered in the editor.

Edit: Sorry, my mind derped, there's no DX10 version, it skips straight to 11.

Comment

Ohh hey Graylord, hows it going? For some reason it will not let me switch render(it's blanked out), must be some where in windows. Also I did a Dxdiagnostic in Windows and this was in the results DDI Version: 10.1...So I'm clueless???

Comment

UDK only supports DX9 and DX11, not DX10.

Comment

Yes thx.. It took me awhile to fig. that out. I did a MSI Kumbuster test and it is running fine in dx 10. I did not find much in the UDN pages and I think the stats command page is outdated for displaying the direct x stats(but it did say dx11 stats where used for dx10 stats lol). Supposedly there is a command line that can force the use of dx 10((maybe I will try it?http://udn.epicgames.com/search/?q=force+direct+x+10 (SM4 / D3D10: Force use of DirectX 10 if available). It may be outdated also))...but thats ok, dx 11 is where it's at!

Comment

Well, to switch UDK from Dx9 to Dx11 you require a Dx11-capable graphics card. Is this the case?

Comment

No, upgrading soon......

Comment

Working...
              X