Using the builder brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Cameras in games don't work like human eyes. Perception will be a little off, even if you make everything exactly to real life scale. You have to make compromises in size and scale to look right, not be measured right.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I changed the game type and made a room with the "correct" dimensions but it still seems really small to me, even when played as the character. The double size room seems more correct except it's too tall.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To change the gametype you go to View - World Properties - Gametype and change it in there.

The reason the camera may seem above the height of the player is that the camera eye height is a little higher than you would expect. You could either change it in script (not necessary) or just remember that your unreal character is 96 units

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How would I go about doing that exactly. And I doubled it and ran it in game and it seemed to look right to me. I just don't seem to understand why it was that small even though the conversions wen't over well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also make sure that you set the In-Editor gametype in your level's worldinfo to UTGame. The default simplegame has a different eye(camera) height and it makes things look out smaller than they really are. It is only a perpective thing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://udkc.info/index.php?title=Unreal_unit

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Using the builder brush

Using the builder brush

I'm trying to make a new room the size of my classroom. I measured the dimensions of the classroom and converted it to UU's using 16 UU = 1 foot but when I made the room it was at least twice as small as the actual room. I was wondering if that's not the actual conversion or does the builder brush use some other unit of measurement.
Working...
X